BLADDERWRACK (focus vesiculosus)
Sold per ounce.
Bladderwrack is actually one of the most common types of seaweed found in the oceans.
The most impressive health benefits of bladderwrack include its ability to fight obesity, benefit the thyroid, improve the metabolism, reduce inflammation, strengthen bones, protect the skin and premature aging, aid vision, lower risk of cancer, and strengthen heart health.
- Thyroid Improvement - stimulates the thyroid gland to increase hormonal output
- Weight Loss - is thought to heighten metabolism
- Vision Health - slow down macular degeneration and prevent the development of cataracts.
- Reduced Inflammation - may successfully neutralize the irritation, reduce swelling, and even relieve pain.
- Anticancer Potential – contains Fucoidan which have many beneficial properties that include antiviral, antitumor, anticoagulant, antiangiogenic, and antiarthritic properties
- Improves Digestion - may help to relieve excess flatulence, bloating, cramping, and more serious conditions like gastric ulcers and colon cancer
- Heart Health – research studies have linked bladderwrack with higher levels of HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol), which may be contributory to helping you prevent atherosclerosis, lowering blood pressure, reducing your risk of strokes and heart attacks, and generally lessen the strain on your cardiovascular system.
Cautions: If you suffer from hyperthyroidism, then you may not need an extra boost of iodine. Also, some people are allergic to iodine, so large amounts of bladderwrack could be very dangerous. Finally, if you have an upcoming surgery or suffer from a bleeding disorder, you should avoid bladderwrack, as it can make blood clotting more difficult.
We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure,
or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.